Our colleagues at Gawler Lutheran Church, SA, together with Immanuel Lutheran School, Gawler are seeking a part-time Child, Youth and Family Ministry Coordinator. The details for the position are below. Please encourage suitable candidates to consider applying before applications close on Sunday 3rd December, 2017.
Child, Youth and Family Coordinator
Ministry role employed under Gawler Lutheran Church and which partners together with Immanuel Lutheran School, Gawler
From 15th January, 2018 to 3rd January, 2019, subject to review
30 hours per week
Zion Lutheran Church, Gawler and Immanuel Lutheran Church, Gawler South amalgamated in October 2016 to form our new congregation, Gawler Lutheran Church. We exist as one body as the Gawler Lutheran Church with two worshipping sites: Zion Worship Centre and Immanuel Worship Centre. Our congregation is also part of a wider community of our Schools of Immanuel Lutheran Primary School, Gawler and Zion Lutheran Preschool, Gawler.
An exciting opportunity is being offered for a Child, Youth and Family Coordinator position to assist us on this new journey that God has for us working as a new congregation. We are seeking someone to work alongside and under the guidance of the Associate Pastor to lead and provide oversight to our ministries of Child, Youth and Family. The position will also work alongside and under the guidance of the Principal to be a linking person between Immanuel Lutheran Primary School and the congregation so that the students and their families can develop greater spiritual connections in either the school or church (or both together hopefully). The position will also have a presence with Zion Lutheran Preschool, a Kindy of the congregation. The position will work in a supportive team environment with the various volunteers of different teams in the congregation, as well as a supportive office environment of the Pastors and administration workers (paid and volunteers).
Summary of key required qualifications, skills and qualities
- Active member of a LCA congregation and a willingness to be an active worshipping member of Gawler Lutheran Church.
- An accredited Lay Worker of the LCA or willing to work towards this.
- Leadership abilities
- Effective inter-personal qualities and planning and organisational skills
- Comfortable leading School worship/devotions.
- While not a requirement, some experience in Child, Youth and Family ministry and working in schools is desired.
Salary and Terms of Appointment
- This is a part-time role of 30 hours per week, in accordance with the LCA Lay Worker Salary Schedule, Level 2.
- The position is from 15th January, 2018 until 3rd January, 2019, subject to review.
- The Congregation will contribute to either tuition/study or mentoring fees.
For a full position description to apply or for more information, please contact Pastor Anthony Price:
anthony.price [at] lca.org.au Ph: 0410 983 269.
Applications close Sunday 3rd December, 2017.